Friday 18 December 2015

Mid month inspiration


Hello everyone, it's time for our mid moth post and this time it's the turn of Dora to share another card with us and following the current theme tell us the colour she finds the most challenging to work with. 

We have had some lovely entries so far this month but the challenge runs until the last day of December so there is still plenty of time to join in. And as it will be the last post before the New Year myself and the Design Team would like to take this opportunity to wish you all....................

A Very Happy Christmas

Now it's over to Dora.................................


Hello everyone,

It is my first turn to make a mid-month post on this beautiful challenge blog.

I do not have a colour that I do not like to work with, but I do not often pick pink. But I always try to work to a theme and find ideas that will fit a colour theme that I can make a card with. But I have difficulty mixing the right colours and paper together.

This month Crafty Ribbons are our sponsor so I looked for a colour ribbon to work with from their sponsor materials. I came out with this kind of colour, it is not green or blue, but in between. I like the colour but I have so much problem to find ink and paper that matches with the bow. With the ink I work with a little paper and add some ink on it, to look if it matched with the bow colour. and 'cloudy blue' from Adirondack ink and a really little bit with 'pesto' seemed to work well together.

I stamp the foreground with Hero Arts stamp and emboss with 'vintage peacock' embossing powder. The trees are stamps from Sheena Douglas scenery stamped with Stazon ink.

I was very pleased that I made this card with this colour ribbon. I hope that you like it also.

Kind regards Dora

Many thanks Dora.

2 comments:

pinky said...

Stunning card Dora.

Joan said...

Beautiful card Dora